Meat-bubbles are formed along the stitches, what should I do? (Photo)

This is my 6th day op and I am experiencing soreness and slight swellingness. Meat-bubbles along the stitches have been formed..approximately two of them, hart to tell really. They hurt a lot and I am constantly wondering if they will disappear. Also my clitoris are in a very wired position..it's not on top of my labias, it moved towards my right labia pretty far down and it's hard and sore as well, will it be in order? Do I need to contact my surgeon about this or am I just paranoid?

"Meat Bubbles" at 6 Days Post-Op

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months.

Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and the way in which your body heals.

Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.

Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

Since it is still early in the healing procedure it is likely that this is swelling and will work itself out, but you should not be afraid to visit your surgeon for a follow-up. If you are concerned at all you should have your surgeon examine the area to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Meat bubbles are formed along the stitches, what should I do?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  At this point your tissues are swollen and are masking what your long-term results will be.  I know waiting is difficult, but you need to allow your results at least 6 weeks time to mature before knowing what your final appearance will look like.  Hang in there!

Post labiaplasty meat bubbles phenomenon causing discomfort

It appears that there are small areas where the skin did not line up perfectly level and this is exposing a tiny bit of raw subcutaneous tissue. This will healing. There is signficant swelling which will go down in a few weeks. You should contact your surgeon for followup examinations and follow your postoperative instructions.

Weird healing following labiaplasty

Hello Mina...

You are experiencing normal swelling after Labiaplasty which cause a lot of discomfort. As the swelling goes down, so will the pain and some of the irregularities. Only by 6 weeks will you be able to judge your results.

You should see your surgeon for an examination to make sure there is no infection or other issues. Sometimes some of the sutures can be removed to alleviate the swelling and reduce the chance of having a bumps along the length of your labia.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Swelling after Labiaplasty

Certainly be in touch with your surgeon anytime you have a question or concern. It's our job to keep our patients informed. 6 days is incredibly early in recovery after any procedure. Take it easy and allow things to settle. I inform my patients to give it at least a month before being able to appreciate the final appearance. Best of luck.

Problems with labiaplasty six days after surgery?

You should always contact your surgeon if you are having problems.  Common issues include blood clots, infections or would separations.  Your surgeon most likely advised ice applied to this area to decrease swelling.  I suspect from your photo that swelling is the issue.  In my practice I always make certain my surgical patients have my cell phone number and home number in addition to my office number so I know anyone having a problem can get a hold of me.  Good luck!