I want to know if I'm good candidate for hair transplant. (photo)

Hello im 24 years old my hair have been thining for almost 7 years now i wounder if a hair transplant will work on my thining hair and can have thicker with better hairline

Hair Transplant Candidate ?

Thanks for submitting your photo but the most important is to see the donor side as it will show the availability for a hair transplantation or not. My advise to you is to consult with a hair surgeon who can give you detailed informations about a good plan and further steps you may should follow. All the Best....

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "good" candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "good" candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?

You are 24 years old and heading to an advanced degree of hair loss.  Other than a retained frontal forelock, you have loss on the top, front, and crown areas.  I would not consider you a good candidate for hair transplant surgery.  

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Advanced Hair Loss In Young Man

In general, given your age, history of early substantial hair loss and progression toward Norwood Class 7 you would not be a good candidate for hair transplantation. However, seeing a full time hair restoration surgeon and developing a strategy to combat hair loss is recommended.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss at 24 years

Based on your photos and hair loss, I recommend that you visit with the hair loss expert for treatment of your hair loss.  Minimally, you must stop the progression of further hair loss.  I believe you are a good candidate for hair restoration IF you have realistic expectations.  I'd on transplant in the front, be building your hairline and adding density in the top.  I'd strongly recommend minoxidil and finasteride from the thinning in the crown.  Again, I'd recommend visiting with a hair loss expert as only the treating physician can give you a plan for you.

Gregory Michael Bazell, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for a hair transplant?

fahedooo,

It sure looks like you are developing advance male pattern baldness at a very young age. The most important photo you forgot to include is the photo of your donor area, because that is the area that makes a hair transplant possible. We have a good track record of helping some with Norwood 7, but a thorough evaluation is needed. Please consult with a good hair loss specialist in your area.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidate

you should be evaluated by a hair transplant surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and discuss your options, both non surgical as well as surgical, if you are a candidate. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

24 years old with significant balding

You have what appears to be a Class 6 pattern of balding with a persistent forelock. This forelock may disappear in time as well. You need to be evaluated by a doctor to determine if your donor supply will meet your needs. Many doctor will offer surgery but the real question you need to focus upon is there enough donor supply to meet your needs?

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NW7

You look like you may be heading towards a nw 7 which would limit overall options.  I advise going in person for a consult to review what can be done. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist