I have finished my last set abroad and question the result.

The results are pleasing however it seems if I leave them off for just a few hours one tooth in the middle shifts to the side. when wearing them overnight the pressure from the aligners brings them back. Should I continue wearing the aligners until they stay put both day and night. I worry since I have gambled a bit with the timeline due to lost aligners that the results might be flawed. Is it normal for them to finish off a bit shifted? although they return when braced.

Wear your retainers as prescribed #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It takes time for the bone and all the tissues around your teeth to stabilize after orthodontic treatment. How often and how long your retainer should be worn depends on several factors, such as how misaligned your teeth were prior to treatment and whether or not your feel your teeth shifting when the retainers are not in place.  No case is exactly alike, so I would recommend following the guidelines given to you by your orthodontist. As a result, you're sure to have beautifully straight teeth for a lifetime! Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100