I am considering a hair transplant due to sparse hair growth in the temples. Which method do you recommend and why? (Photo)

In a perfect world I would get a hairline lowering hair transplant, but I learned that hair from the donor area will not grow back, so filling in sides is my priority. I am also curious to know an approximate estimate of needed grafts for this. According to hairdressers my hairs are thin- but many. My hair texture is completely straight. I have no hairloss problems that need to be taken into account or any other health problems. Age 25.

It is best to see a doctor for a proper exam to make sure surgery may be right for you.

It is best to see a doctor for a proper exam to make sure surgery may be right for you. Hair transplant involves taking donor hair and relocating to a new area.  Because of this, the area where the donor hairs were taken from will not grow back new hair (the follicles have been relocated).  The cost of surgery depends on the clinic and method of harvest.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female needs corners

Only a hair transplant can fill in this area.  A female hairline (as shown in the web reference below) is rounded and the hair transplant must account for this. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  You would be a great candidate for Neograft. Neograft is a hair transplant procedure that will replant your own hair in just a few short hours, with no surgery, little to no pain or downtime, and it lasts a lifetime. The average cost is anywhere from $3,000-$12,000.  The recovery time is 2-4 weeks.  We wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely,
Dr. Fernau and his staff

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon