Hard swelling after eyelid plastic surgery. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had plastic surgery 5 weeks ago, I had no bruises and not much swelling after surgery.. Except for my lower eyelids. After 5 weeks they have not changed at all, there is no difference from morning to evening nor if I apply cold or warm compresses or sleep with my head high. I don't feel much when I touch the skin. Is this normal? And for how long can I expect it to be like this? Thanks for your help Lena

Eyelids take time to fully heal.

Mostly what you are describing sounds pretty normal.  It is expected that you will have a dry eye after this much eyelid surgery.  Generally this gets better with time.  Continue to follow your surgeon's instruction.  Please let us know how you are doing in 8 to 12 weeks.

Post upper lid bleph

It looks like you are healing well.  The swelling can take a few months to resolve completely.  The numbness is normal as well, and this will also slowly resolve.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelids #blepharoplasty #cosmeticsurgery #beauty #fillers #botox #tmbcosmeticsurgery

Dear Sol65x

Thank you for your question!  You are still healing. You can sleep normally and stop the  compresses if your surgeon agrees.  The healing can take 6 months to a year.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Thank you for your question. You seem to be feeling swelling and numbness around the eyelids after 5 weeks. I suggest that you consult with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. Please post before photos as well so that we can evaluate how your eyelids have changed.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 5 weeks after blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. It would be better for evaluation purposes if you can post before photos. It appears that you are healing well. Make a follow up appointment with your doctor if you have concerns. Good luck,