Can hair transplants be damaged from using a dermaroller?

Hello. I did a hair transplantation five years ago. I feel the result was not sufficient. Now I have started using a dermaroller on my scalp. I have done it once only. But I just realized I might have made a mistake and maybe the hair transplants was damaged because of the dermarolling. Do you think they might have been damaged?

Dermaroller is not generally recommended for hair growth. If your doctor recommended this to you then you should ask your

Dermaroller is not generally recommended for hair growth.  If your doctor recommended this to you then you should ask your doctor.  Your transplanted hairs are the same as native hairs.  Whatever harms native hairs will harm transplanted hairs.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Can I use a dermaroller 5 years after a hair transplant

You can use a dermaroller 5 years after a hair transplant. That is not a comment on the effectiveness of such use. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon