Hair Loss: Can it grow back and regain density?

I'm a guy of 22 years of age during last two years I had undergone high stress due to college and a shitty professor being my guide ... I lost a lot of hair then .. I also had dandruff issues. Now I've shaved of my hair when It's regrowing, I've noticed that the density isn't as good as used to be and I don't have the genetics of baldness ... i.e my dad and both my granddads ... have good hair growth .. So is it possible to regain the density and grow back the hair ?

Hair loss

hair loss is genetic and progressive. Patterns skip generations which is why you may not realize the hair loss pattern you are establishing. I recommend seeing a hair restoration expert who can evaluate your scalp, your loss, as well as review non surgical options available to you, i.e. preventative medications. The sooner you have a consultation, the better, due to your age and early hair loss.

Chicago Physician

22 year old with thinning

At 22 with thinning, you are not a good candidate for a hair transplant because it is too early.  Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss

Thank you for your question, when you loss hair it will not grow back without having to do treatment to stop the hairloss. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated.