Can so many grafits fall out after 9 days? (Photo)

Hey, i had my hair transplantation FUE before 9 days (4150). Today when i washed my head very gentle with shampoo i noticed few hair with scabs, then when i tried to dry my head with soft towel by (pressing and no rubbing) i could see many hair looks like grafits falled out? Am i right? Isnt it late for them to fall so easy? Isnt it very soon for me to have scabs? I am very nervous for that please help me

Thanks for the photos.  It is normal for the hair and scabs to "fall out" after a week.  By then the follicle is generally integrated into the scalp.  Thus, what you are seeing is most likely not the follicle.

They don't look like scabs.  They look like dried out grafts.  I generally say you can lose 2 to 3 grafts for every 1000 grafts.  So for a 4000 graft surgery I guess 8 to 12 graft is normal. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Grafts fall out after 9 days

After transplant, the scabs are formed after about one week. And the hair start shedding after 2-3 weeks, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. So there is nothing to feel nervous about it.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts can fall out after a hair transplant

Within the first 3 weeks, all of the grafts may fall out and that can be normal provided that you are careful with your washing technique. Don't worry.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scabs after hair transplant

mostly hair shafts that separate from the. Follicle and fall off along with the scabs is normal. The follicles remain under the skin and will start to grow in after. Few months. If the follicles are attached then you have lost the graft and that could be from poor placement.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon