Fraxel laser and Restylane

Hi! I been told that Fraxel ( to take away small scars and some acnescars ,the method when you get very red for some days but NOT get wounds all over youir face bleeding like ive seen here on some Pictures ) , not take away Restylane, if you have that in your face. Is that correct? Thank you!!

Acne scars on the face

Our office uses combination therapy to improve acne scars, including sublative ematrix, ablative laser, non ablative laser, chemical peels, and topical creams to improve these contour problems of the skin.

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles 

Fraxel

Fraxel laser skin resurfacing tricks your skin into creating new skin to replace the damaged, or targeted areas, resulting in natural skin rejuvenation. It is a safe, non-invasive laser skin treatment without the risks of major side effects or prolonged downtime of other procedures.The Fraxel Laser treats mild to moderate acne scarring, sun spots/damage and fine wrinkles. Many people notice results within a week after their first treatment. Their skin feels smoother, looks less blotchy, and has a glow. Some people notice a difference after one treatment, but the recommended Fraxel treatments are usually done in a set of 3, about 4 weeks apart.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Safe.

Fraxel will not remove Restylane. How I manage acne scars (ideally) is to treat scars on their merit, namely find the best treatment for your type of scars. I usually laser first and fill last. Why? Because laser can stimulate collagen and improve atrophic and rolling scars, this means you need less filler. 

Some patients can not have the downtime of laser, and hence, based on lifestyle, I fill (I like using Juvaderm Volbella), then laser when they have time off. This is not the ideal method, but it does the job.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist, 
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel and Restylane Injections

I perform Fraxel for many patients with acne scars.  Many of these patients have required Restylane injections to fill in their deeper acne scars.  Fraxel does not "remove" the product that has been previously injected.  For the best acne scar treatment, please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these lasers and the best scar treatments.

Fraxel and Restylane

You are describing the Fraxel restore laser.  It will not dissolve nor take away Restylane filler.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Combining fillers with fractional laser treatments

I use the InMode Fractora resurfacing treatment in my office. I do often combine it with Restylane (or other fillers) and Botox (or other neuromodulators). No, the Restylane is not "removed" by the fractional lasers because the layers and modalities are simply different. Make sure you are seeing experts for both procedures!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."