Help with round Face and chipmunk cheeks. Any suggestions? (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Any suggestions for round Face and chipmunk cheeks? + buccal fat removal could be an option #buccalfat #Buccalfatremoval
Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face.
Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are:
- Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal
- Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like Voluma or cheek implants
- Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin. Patients in the 30s or 40s may have some aging related sagginess that may be improved with soft tissue fillers
Patients interested in determining if buccal fat removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face.
Reducing a round face
Thank you for asking about your facial improvement.
- Buccal fat removal will give you more definition of the middle of your face.
- Botox to thin the masseter muscle a little might help as well.
- Be sure to see a plastic or facial plastic surgeon for your surgery!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Buccal fat for improvement
I do think you are a good candidate for buccal fat pad removal to improve the fullness of the lower part of your cheeks. It is important that you understand this procedure provides a subtle improvement and additional procedures such as fillers or fat transfer may be of additional help.
You might also like...
Buccal fat removal
Buccal fat removal is the procedure of choice for reduction of jowels. However, occasionally, external liposuction is also necessary in some patient who have moderate subcutaneous adipose tissues.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.