Ear surgery or rhinoplasty first?

Like the title, i am thinking of undergoing these two. My ears are deformed like an elf, and my nose is boxy and just bullbous. Which procedure should i get done first?

Well, it's possible to do both at the same time, but ...

Couple of things you should know. First of all, a boxy, bulbous nose takes special expertise to correct, so you must make sure you check out your rhinoplasty surgeon well enough. Most importantly, you need to see his before and after photos, of patients who have similar concerns to yours.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. It contains a good section on how to check out your surgeon.

Secondly, many plastic surgeons learn the ear operation to bring ears back closer to the head if they stick out too far, but very, very few know how to take "deformed" ears and change their shape. Maybe one surgeon in 100. You need to see before and after photos for that operation, too!

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Both Together

Hello Shevie,

Thanks for your question. It is not possible to make accurate comments about surgeries without having any visual information. I can tell you that both ear correction and rhinoplasty can be done in same operation. You can discuss this option with your plastic surgeon. 

Best regards,

Guray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Ear and nose surgery

I would suggest scheduling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific concerns about both your ears and your nose.  The surgeon would be able to review the procedures, cost and discuss the option to do both procedures at the same time.  Some surgeons also have 3D imaging software that could be used to give you a visual idea of what outcomes to expect.  As I mentioned above, the more specific you are with what you don’t like, the better your outcomes will meet your expectations.  Good luck!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon