Can an off-centered nose and nose tip/nose wings be surgically corrected? Nose more crooked to the left.

Hi, I've seen some questions about correcting off-centered noses, but they usually describe the nasal bone being slightly more to one side of the midline. I have the same and also a a crooked septum, but my nosetip and nosewings are also slightly off-center. If I draw a straight line down from the inner corners of my eyes (caruncle) to the inner corners of the nosewings (supra alar crease?), they correlate on the left but on the right side, the line is further out by ~1-2mm.

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Correction of the deviated nose - Can an off-centered nose and nose tip/nose wings be surgically corrected? Nose more crooked to

Hello randomguy91 - Thanks for your question. Deviated nose correction is tricky and seldom is perfectly symmetric. There may be aspects of bone asymmetry, cartilage deviation, and skin envelope deficiency that makes straightening a nose impossible. Add to this normal asymmetry in non-nasal facial structures and you realize that there is no such thing as a straight nose, because there is no such thing as a straight face. 1-2mm of deviation may not be worth chasing. I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for more assistance. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon