Carry child after Tummy tuck. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have a 15 month old daughter weighting about 10 kg. I'm 9 days PO for a mini tummy tuck. My question is, why shouldn't I carry my daughter for over 4 weeks? If I don't feel it's challenging, what could go wrong? It's really tough for wife because she's pregnant.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. It is very important to not carry weights until the first 6-8 weeks after the procedure. Try to follow these instructions as carefully as possible. Best of luck

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. Most patients are cleared to exercise and lifting over 10 pounds four to six weeks following tummy tuck surgery.  It is best to have an in-person examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing. Good luck with your recovery.