After 6 months, stunned area above the ears and behind the ears. Feeling cramps above my head (Photo)

I performed surgery (endoscopic pan/eye brow lift, face lift with neck, fat injection, eyelids lower ....) ,, loss of sensation above the forehead. I have a feeling that the iron band from one ear to the other spans my scalp, sometimes I get the feeling cramps in above my head. It can happen if I talk on mobile cells or riding in a car...

Post op pain

Although post op discomfort and swelling such as your "iron band" feeling can persist for up to a year, given the fact that you are 6 months post op, I think it would be wise to get your issues assessed in person by your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Thank you for your question. Endoscopic lifting procedures are less invasive full facial plastic surgery procedures and most people experience minimal swelling and bruising and can usually return to work within a few days. Facelifts require a longer recovery time as most patients need up to 14 days to resume their normal activities. Please discuss your symptoms with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. You should follow the recovery instructions provided by your surgeon as closely as possible and be sure to keep them updated with your progress.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feeling of "iron band" over the front of the head after endoscopic brow lift: contact your surgeon

The numbness behind the ears can occur after facelift but you are still under one year post surgery and the feeling might come back.

As for the "iron band" feeling, I cannot explain it but I do not do endoscopic brow lift.  Request for endoscopic browlifting has decreased a lot in Canada for a return to the more efficient and powerful surgical brow lift.

I would go back to your surgeon and describe your symptoms to him/her as this seems somewhat unusual.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Marc DuPere, MD

After 6 months, stunned area above the ears and behind the ears. Feeling cramps above my head

I think it is important that at six months you discuss your symptoms in detail with your endoscopic surgeon to determine if anything is wrong.  I have never seen any of those symptoms in performing open browlift and facelift surgery but endoscopic may be different.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD