A double chin after five months po (Photo)

Hey! After five months of the face / neck lift, I have a double chin that is visible from the front and from the side. I intend to remove it but do not know what is best. I had very difficult healing process, and the swelling is still there. Should you wait a little and make liposaction under the chin or there are other solutions? Very grateful for your response.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. You are too early for a liposuction under the chin, however, it is best that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine the best route for your healing. You should see your swelling subside as you continue to heal.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin

Thank you for your question, 5 months after a facelift you will still have some swelling from the procedure so I am not sure that right now is the best time to act. Along with liposuction, you can also do Kybella which is an injection. The risk  with Kybella is that your skin may not shrink after you destroy the fat and you may have some skin laxity. I would re-visit your operative surgeon for their suggestions. Hope this helps.

Alan B. Brackup, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Neck contouring options

Thank you for the question and photos.  There are a handful of reasons that you may be experiencing the neck issue you have described including:

-excess fat

-excess laxity

-swelling

-fluid

-scar tissue

Your plastic surgeon should be able to determine what the main source or sources can be and then discuss with you the options to correcting it.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD