31 days post FUE, redness and numb. (photo)

I had a FUE 31 days ago, doing 4507 grafts, and the recipient area is still red, and numb, is this normal? I've been using a cap alot, could it be cause of that? Also I'm using aloe vera schampoo, which i presume is okay. Thanks in advance

Redness and numbness after surgery can be normal but it can also be a sign of early infection. It is best to contact your

Redness and numbness after surgery can be normal but it can also be a sign of early infection.  It is best to contact your doctor if you are concerned.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Reddness and numb after FUE

the redness varies with the patient's skin type and the numbness you are feeling is the result of damage to the very small nerves of the scalp. Both should return to normal in a month or two

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after a hair surgery

Post-op redness will occur both in the recipient area and the donor area. The degree and length of time in which both areas will remain pink or red, will largely depend on the individual's skin tone. Redness in the recipient area occurs due to the presence of newly formed blood vessels and inflammation from the placement of the new grafts. Some patients are lucky and either don't experience it at all, or it goes away quickly. It appears that those with fairer skin may be more vulnerable to extended redness. It is beter to consult with your surgeon  before using any kind of shampoo or medication .All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon