Any way to reduce fullness at the base of the nose?

I don't like how the point directly under my nose extends further than my upper lip. There's also some protrusion that I think look bad from the front and side. Is there any way to reduce this area to make the philtrum look more flat and reduce the angle between my upper lip and nose?

Anterior Nasal Spine Reduction

X-rays should be done to determine the contribution of the anterior nasal spine to your base of the nose protrusion to determine if its reduction would be beneficial.

Tension nose

This is called a tension nose and the appearance can be improve by reducing the nasal spine and it brings down the overly projected tense tip. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from altering your nasolabial angle and changing to acute angle of the tip of your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD