I had a FUE transplant in March 2015. Now in Nov 2016 I have noticed the area is thinning. It was originally a success

I have been on a SSRI for over 2 years,could this be the problem ? Sentraline 150 g a day.All of a sudden i noticed my hair was thinning.Not in lumps but thinning .

Thinning at 2 Years Post Op

Could it be natural hair that's thinning? That could just be the continuation of male pattern baldness that you initially got the hair transplant was originally meant to cover. Regardless talk to your doctor about it, only they know the specifics of your case and would be able to figure out your problem more accurately than over the internet.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning at 2 Years Post Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about your surgical results since your doctor would know what was actually done.

It is best to ask your surgeon about your surgical results since your doctor would know what was actually done.  There is no way to assess what is going on from the Internet.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning of the donor area with FUE

This can be the result of overharvesting. If you have a moth-eaten appearance of the donor area, then you donor area may have been over-harvested. THE SSSI's probably made nbo difference

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning of the donor area with FUE

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Surrounding area thinning

I would say that it is more likely that the area that was not transplanted in the surrounding area is what is actually thinning. This is quite common and to be expected. I would go and see a hair restoration specialist near you to get a full assessment and a plan to slow down or stop any further hair loss

Surrounding area thinning