I had a FUE transplant in March 2015. Now in Nov 2016 I have noticed the area is thinning. It was originally a success

I have been on a SSRI for over 2 years,could this be the problem ? Sentraline 150 g a day.All of a sudden i noticed my hair was thinning.Not in lumps but thinning .

It is best to ask your surgeon about your surgical results since your doctor would know what was actually done.

It is best to ask your surgeon about your surgical results since your doctor would know what was actually done.  There is no way to assess what is going on from the Internet.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thinning of the donor area with FUE

This can be the result of overharvesting. If you have a moth-eaten appearance of the donor area, then you donor area may have been over-harvested. THE SSSI's probably made nbo difference

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Surrounding area thinning

I would say that it is more likely that the area that was not transplanted in the surrounding area is what is actually thinning. This is quite common and to be expected. I would go and see a hair restoration specialist near you to get a full assessment and a plan to slow down or stop any further hair loss

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon