How much wrinkling in the skin can I possibly see if I go with moderate profile instead of mod plus?

My surgeon said there is a risk of wrinkling with the moderate. So moderate plus is playing it safe. However I desire a natural slop along with a nice cleavage.

Rippling post aug

My experince is that rippling usually is a function of how much soft tissue/berast tissue the patiuent has to start with.The more soft tissue covering the implant the less likely it is to have a rippled appearance.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Rippling after breast augmentation

Breast augmentation can lead to palpable and even visible rippling in certain situations.  The rippling is usually on the outside of the breast and at the bottom.  This is because most breast implants are placed under the chest muscle.  The chest muscle comes down from the top of the shoulder in a fan like manner crossing the breast in an oblique manner.  The outside 1/3 of the breast is not over the muscle.  The bottom attachments of the muscle need to be divided when putting the breast implant under the muscle to allow the implant to get to the bottom crease of the breast.  Post-operative implant palpability are related to 2 main factors: 1) The amount of breast tissue and fatty tissue the patient has.  So I tell patients if they can feel their ribs on the side, then they will feel the side of the implant.  2) Implant fill type.  Saline implants are the most common to have complaints of rippling.  This is due to the fact that it is a bag filled with salt water.  It is similar in feel to a Ziploc bag filled with water.  Round smooth silicone implants have 10 x less issues with rippling or wrinkling.  The new 410 Natrelle cohesive gel implant was shown to have under 1 % rippling or wrinkling in the FDA study that lead to their approval.  So for patients that are concerned with implant wrinkling, these are an excellent choice.  The profile of the implant really does not play a role in implant wrinkling, but size does.  The larger the implant the more likely wrinkling will occur.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Breast

In order to correctly determine if you will have ripples, a physical examination is required to determine what kind of skin you have and measure the laxity.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant profile should not affect wrinkling

Thank you for your question.  Visible wrinkles are by far more common with saline breast implants and silicone gel implants.

Textured silicone gel implants 10 to wrinkle less than smooth walled gel implants and shaped or teardrop breast implants often causes few or folds and wrinkles than round implants.

If you have confidence in your surgeon it would be important to follow his or her advice.

Wrinkling with implants

All implants wrinkle both saline and silicone. Saline wrinkles more than silicone. Which profile you choose does not affect wrinkling. Again, all implants wrinkle whether they are low, moderate or high profile. If you want the implant with the lowest chance of wrinkling choose the gel filled implants.