Am I a good candidate for a mini TT? (Photo)

I really want a tt but I'm hopeful that I don't have to have a bigger scar than my c-section scar. I'm a natural person so I don't need perfection, just improvement with the roundness above my scar (it feels like lumps of scar tissue right by the bulges) I've had two c-sections ... Thank you in advance!

Good candidate

Thank you for your question and photo.

Based on your photo i can tell that you are a good candidate for a TT, i also recommend you to combine it with a lipo to contour your body figure.

Best of luck.

Mini tummy tuck

Based on your pictures I think you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck and liposuction of all areas for a better contour, consult with a board certified PS, good luck!

Mini Tummy Tuck

Hi Amcollier10, Thank you for your pictures and question. Based on the pictures is seems as if you would be a good candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Mini Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos provided, it appears you are a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The lower abdominal skin excision will give you an excellent contour. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss the specific details of the procedure. Ask to see before and after tummy tuck photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.

Am I a good candidate for a mini TT?

From your photos and desire for improvement above your C-section scar, you are probably a very good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  The procedure will improve the area below the belly button but won't significantly change the upper abdomen.  Seek out a board ceritified plastic surgeon with extensive tummy tuck experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck

Dear Amcollier10,

Thank you for posting pictures with your question. You are a great candidate for a mini tummy tuck. This procedure will address the muscle separation you already have on the lower abdomen with a short scar and with lipo we can add more body shape and a flatter upper abdomen. Best wishes.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

Am I a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck?

From this pictures it seems like you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

How to know if a mini tummy tuck is the right choice

If you have no skin laxity in the upper abdomen then a mini might be best because it only addresses loose skin below the belly button. Localized fat reduction can be done wherever needed. Since it is not possible to evaluate skin laxity from a photo, there is no substitute for an in-person evaluation. If it turns out that a full tummy tuck is best, the scar would be in the same bikini line location but longer.

Richard Baxter, MD

Candidate for Mini Tuck

Mini tuck is really designed for those patients with skin excess and laxity in the lower abdomen. The length of the scar really depends on the amount of skin to be removed. Most people who need mini tuck do not need  muscle tightening as performed during a full tummy tuck. It is also sometimes called “scar-less tummy tuck” because there is no scars around the navel. The scar is placed in the bikini area. The navel is not usually cut or moved during mini tummy tuck. We combine our mini-tuck with liposuction for the sculpted look. We have a lot of before and after mini-tuck on our website.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.

Questions to ask your potential plastic surgeon (Answering NO is a big red flag)

1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (You should research the differences between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon. Make sure that your plastic surgeon is a trained surgeon! You may be surprised)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery? (Board certified in what? You are looking for the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are many boards and some are fake. Make sure that the certifying board is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.)
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited & certified procedure room or ambulatory surgery center, or hospital
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform the same procedure you do in the office? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance. How do you handle complications and revision (it does happen, it better to be safe)

The most important decision is to do your homework well. Good luck.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD