Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks? (Photos)

Lower face lift or jowl lift?

Most Effective Facelift Procedures for Jowls, Eyes and Neck

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.

Lower Facelift Combined with Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question and pictures.  A lower facelift is great when patients have lax facial skin, lost volume, therefore having jowls and loose neck.  The Concept Facelift will make you look natural and fresh, with no bandages, drains and hospital stay but with lasting results of traditional facelift techniques.  This would not address the hollow cheeks, as there is volume which has been lost, therefore adding volume by fat transfer or fillers would mean less of a gaunt look.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Volume

So you are very slim and athletic which has left you with an athletes face. A lower face lift will do nothing to improve that hollow. 

My advice would be to go for fat transfer. You may need ore than one round to get the volume you need but it is lack of facial fat that gives you that gaunt look. Lifting will if anything make that worse. 

Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Facial fillers

I would consider a few sessions of fat transfer to achieve a more permanant improvement in the volume loss. Sometimes more than one filler is required to sufficiently improve that amount of volume loss. A lower facelift will only address excess skin and howling, which are mild on your face. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Hollow cheeks, gain weight

I wonder what your height and weight are. Maybe a change in diet may help the fat deposits in your cheek and give you a younger look. Fat grafts in people starving themselves or with some medical condition causing wasting will nort work, the fat will be eaten up by your bodies need for energy. A filler Radiesse maybe your best alternative. i would not do surgery. see a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon, good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks?

Consider one or more sessions of fat grafting toyour cheeks to soften and fill the hollowing. A facelfit without fat grafts will probably be disappointing.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon for a face to face evaluation.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facelift for correction of excess skin along with fat grafting for facial volume.

Facelift for correction of excess skin along with fat grafting for facial volume.  just lifting your jowls and repositioning the deep tissue of your face will not give you as much improvement probably as you would like without fat grafting. See a very experienced facelift surgeon for the best results. Choose one who does natural results as well and not the pulled look. 

Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks

A facelift will only  reposition the tissues you have. Although a facelift would make you look better, you will still need something besides that to increase the cheek fullness. I do not think you have enough fallen tissue where lifting it alone will fill in your cheeks adequately.

Julio Garcia, MD

How to increase facial volume and shape the face

Unfortunately your photos do not show much of your profile and neck. In person evaluation would help to determine appropriate plan of treatment. Regardless whether you may need face/neck lift ( which I doubt) facial volume replacement and shaping of  buccal and zygomatic areas of your face would be best accomplished with fat grafting. In the hands of a surgeon experienced in facial fat grafting you could expect significant improvement and long lasting result. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck lift

A lower face and neck lift can accomplish tightening loose facial and neck skin which will also help somewhat with hollows that are present in the buccal area. Consider fillers or conservative fat injections for additional improvement. In addition to tightening loose facial and neck skin, a facelift also removes any fatty deposits in the neck, and tightens loose facial and  neckthe muscles and lifts the jowls. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below