Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks? (Photos)

Lower face lift or jowl lift?

So you are very slim and athletic which has left you with an athletes face. A lower face lift will do nothing to improve that hollow. 

My advice would be to go for fat transfer. You may need ore than one round to get the volume you need but it is lack of facial fat that gives you that gaunt look. Lifting will if anything make that worse. 

Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Facial fillers

I would consider a few sessions of fat transfer to achieve a more permanant improvement in the volume loss. Sometimes more than one filler is required to sufficiently improve that amount of volume loss. A lower facelift will only address excess skin and howling, which are mild on your face. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Hollow cheeks, gain weight

I wonder what your height and weight are. Maybe a change in diet may help the fat deposits in your cheek and give you a younger look. Fat grafts in people starving themselves or with some medical condition causing wasting will nort work, the fat will be eaten up by your bodies need for energy. A filler Radiesse maybe your best alternative. i would not do surgery. see a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon, good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks?

Consider one or more sessions of fat grafting toyour cheeks to soften and fill the hollowing. A facelfit without fat grafts will probably be disappointing.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon for a face to face evaluation.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facelift for correction of excess skin along with fat grafting for facial volume.

Facelift for correction of excess skin along with fat grafting for facial volume.  just lifting your jowls and repositioning the deep tissue of your face will not give you as much improvement probably as you would like without fat grafting. See a very experienced facelift surgeon for the best results. Choose one who does natural results as well and not the pulled look. 

Should I consider a lower face lift for my hollow cheeks? I've had filler but it doesn't correct the hollow cheeks

A facelift will only  reposition the tissues you have. Although a facelift would make you look better, you will still need something besides that to increase the cheek fullness. I do not think you have enough fallen tissue where lifting it alone will fill in your cheeks adequately.

Julio Garcia, MD

How to increase facial volume and shape the face

Unfortunately your photos do not show much of your profile and neck. In person evaluation would help to determine appropriate plan of treatment. Regardless whether you may need face/neck lift ( which I doubt) facial volume replacement and shaping of  buccal and zygomatic areas of your face would be best accomplished with fat grafting. In the hands of a surgeon experienced in facial fat grafting you could expect significant improvement and long lasting result. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck lift

A lower face and neck lift can accomplish tightening loose facial and neck skin which will also help somewhat with hollows that are present in the buccal area. Consider fillers or conservative fat injections for additional improvement. In addition to tightening loose facial and neck skin, a facelift also removes any fatty deposits in the neck, and tightens loose facial and  neckthe muscles and lifts the jowls. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Lower face lift for my hollow cheeks?

There are a number of surgical and non-surgical options that can improve one's cosmetic appearance: fillers, skin-tightening procedures, lasers, fat grafts, neck and face lifts. Each has benefits and drawbacks. Mini procedures do not produce the long lasting maximum improvement that is achieved with a natural appearing artistically performed lift performed by an expert experienced plastic surgeon. That is achieved by a combination of elevating the sagging tissues, removing the excess skin, contouring the fat, and adding micro-fat grafts  where there is a deficiency.

Keep in mind, that following the exact advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on seeing 2 dimensional photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

The Hollow Dilemma

There are many options to improve volume and contour in cheek hollows using fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill), implants or fat. Skin tightening with ultrasound and/or thermage/venus legacy and Sculptra for collagen building can also give a nice lift. I recommend a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer