Can working out cause fluid to build up 7 weeks after gynecomastia surgery?

6 weeks after my gynecomastia surgery I hit the gym for the first time and I think I might of hit it abit too hard because the next day my chest seemed a little more puffer especially the left side! The left side was always a little bigger than the right! So is this natural for fluid to build up after 6 weeks and should i just wear my pressure garment or should I go see my surgeon about it?

Fluid Build-Up After Male Breast Reduction and Exercise

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary. Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

Usually 1 week after #gynecomastia surgery you can begin taking moderate walks or ride a stationary bike. Strenuous workouts or aerobic #exercise can begin around 4 weeks post-op. Please get approval from your doctor before you begin any workout regimen. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.