I got Juvederm in my lips 2 months ago and my lips swell a tad more in an even manner overnight. Should I be concerned?

I got juvederm in my lips 2 months ago and I noticed now with the weather getting hotter (not sure this is related or not) my lips swell a tad more in an even manner overnight. They feel and look fuller but not in an unattractive way however I want to know if I should be concerned.

Lips swell after Juvederm in hotter weather

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm.

In hotter weather, many people tend to retain more fluid than usual.
I do not think your slight swelling now is of concern.
But if it is unsightly, uncomfortable or gets progressively more swollen, please return to the doctor who injected you to be examined.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

It is common to get swelling after fillers into the lips. It is not normal to have irregularities or severe swelling. If you are unhappy you should speak to your physician and have the area injected with hyaluronidase, an enzyme that reverses the hyaluronic acid filler. For the next injections, consider Restylane Silk with cannula injection, this technique will limit the pain, swelling or bruising after the filler placement. It often takes up to two weeks for swelling to subside on its own. Find an expert in filler injections for your future treatments. Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvedem and Lip Injections

Juvederm is a great filler for the lips.  There are times you might notice some slight variation in filler or effect because this product is hydrophilic.  The results should not be greatly affected and should return to the desired effect quickly.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatology with a great deal of experience with lip injections and Juvederm injections.

Juvederm lip swelling

Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid based filler which is terrific for the lips ; it works by binding water and thus creating a filling/volume effect. There can be occasional fluctuations even after the first week with temperature/weather changes, though not that common.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

No reason to be concerned

Juvederm is very good at attracting and holding onto water.  In fact, that is partly how it creates volume.  Some people do experience slight fluctuations in swelling, like you have noticed, as the amount of water around the Juvederm fluctuates.

Lawrence Osman, MD