What is the average cost for an anesthesiologist when undergoing breast augmentation? Approx 2 hours (including facility cost)

5 years ago I went under the knife with a well known plastic surgeon in Vancouver BC. Unfortunately not even a year later the implants dropped because of the weight of the implant) and my tissue could not it. I advised him prior to the first surgery I didn't think my tissue would hold that size implant and I was right. He did not listen. So I went in for a 2nd surgery.. Had to pay for new implants, the anesthesiologist and he "did the work for free" 4 grand seemed obserd... Was I ripped off?

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Cost for second procedure

It is difficult to say if you paid too much but 1.5 hours of anesthesia time at our surgery center is $792. There is a very reduced OR fee if a revision surgery is required within 1 year. I will usually try to get the implants for free if there's a problem with the original implants. If the pt. wants either bigger or smaller implants than the originals then the pt. has to pay for them. I hope this is helpful. I would seek a second opinion just to put your mind at ease. Good luck!