Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? Please help (Photo)

I feel like a have a large hump on my nose and would like it less noticeable or completely gone. Would surgery be best or a non surgical procedure?

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Hello Dear, Thank you so much for yor question and picture.The intention of the Rhinoplasty is that the "new" nose not call it attention, and is integrate fully in the context general of the face producing a joint harmonic and pleasant, that not is detected that has been intervened. Remember that you have to be carefull in your selection of your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes!

Dear surreygirl92, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty to reduce your dorsal hump and refine your tip.  I would suggest  since you are on realself now that this is a great place to start your search for a  specialist. Find some expert surgeons and read their reviews if a large portion of their reviews are regarding nasal surgery then the surgeon likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Once you have narrowed down some expert  surgeons then set some consultation appointments. During consultation digital imaging can be performed where the surgeon can show you the proposed aesthetic result. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs especially noses similar to your own so you can ensure the surgeon provides natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once you have determined the desired nose then the surgeon will discuss at length the techniques that will be used to attain your desired nose. After these steps you should be very informed and you will find a surgeon and office staff that you feel comfortable with and then you can make an informed decision. See some examples of rhinoplasty results in the link below and a similar nose in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

A rhinoplasty to remove your hump will give you a smaller more feminine natural appearance so the nose is proportional to your surrounding facial features. A non-surgical approach will give you a larger nose which you don't want.

To remove the dorsal hump and obtain a more natural result, a rhinoplasty will be the best option of treatment. The rhinoplasty can also reduce the width of the nasal tip, make it straight and lift the tip a little for a pleasant natural result. A non surgical procedure, like a filler will not improve the width of the nasal tip, and to hide the dorsal hump, it will require a big amount of a filler that will make your nose too big.

Good candidate for rhinoplasty

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? Please help

The area that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. A non-surgical approach with fillers would make your nose look larger.
Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) ) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for large dorsal hump removal

The photograph demonstrates an overly projecting nose with a large dorsal hump. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be surgically shaved down in order to remove it. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish removal of the dorsal hump with all of  the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Digital computer imaging performed in the office setting would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure.  Placement of fillers in the nose will only make the nose taller and higher on a temporary basis. For more information  and many before-and-after results of dorsal hump removal, please see the link and the video below