I had a dental implant on #19 on June 29, 2016.

I was in extreme pain and the implant was removed on July 12, 2016. Today, July 17, still in lots of pain. I have had 2 rounds of antibiotics, Vicodin and was told by my dentist to take up to 1500 mg Tylenol and 400 mg Ibuprofen at the same time as the Vicodin. Nothing is working. I don't know what else to do. My lower jaw is still swollen and hurts nonstop. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you!!

Ongoing pain after removal of implant

I am so sorry to hear of your pain and the failed implant.  This is not a normal occurrence but unfortunately you are in the midst of it.  Five days after surgery it is not unusual to still have discomfort, but with that amount of medication you should be getting some relief.  It could be that a different antibiotic is needed, depending on what type of infection is present.  If the practitioner who placed your implant doesn't have a 3-D imager, you may want to seek an opinion from one who does.  These images are invaluable in diagnosing issues such as yours.  Good luck and feel better soon!

Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Problems With Implant

Sorry to hear of your difficulty with placement and failure of an implant.  What you are experiencing is very unusual.  I would suggest getting another opinion, possibly seeing an oral surgeon and have the area evaluated since the current course of treatment does not seem to be effective.