Will a Non Surgical Nose Job Work for my Nose (Hump)? (Photo)

I'm a 16 year old female and I wanted to ask if a non surgical nose job for my nose hump could work to fix it? I want to fix it, but I don't know what kind of solution would be the best for my nose. Thank you in advance.

Doctor Answers 2

Injection Rhinoplasty

Hi Mara, 

I have a little experience with this procedure having published two peer reviewed review articles and authored a chapter on Injection rhinoplasty.

Your nose would be ideal for injection rhinoplasty with dermal filler. At 16, I would not operate on you anyway until your midface had completely developed but I see no problem with masking the dorsal hump that concerns you with dermal filler (restylane / radiesse).

Analysis of you nose from your photos is limited as there is no reference to your chin or forehead but with that caveat I agree you have a degree of dorsal humping, under projection and boxiness of the nasal tip. 

If I were treating you I would place a little filler in the radix and build up the infratip with a filler shield graft. This would also correct the degree of over rotation. The amount of filler you would require would be minimal (less than 1ml/cc).

Hope this helps

Kind regards

London Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 169 reviews

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty - Fillers and Age

Dear Mara, thank you for your question.

The non surgical rhinoplasty in your case has a good indication in order to camouflage the small dorsal hump; the rate of success and satisfaction, in the right candidate, is extremely high. I tend to use the Juvederm products and the results are very consistent. However, you are very young and would not be appropriate to be treated as yet. My advice would be to see a plastic surgeon, once reached the right age, and be advised on the ground of your specific case and expectation.

Best of luck

Andrea Marando


Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.