Would a Non-surgical Nose Job Help, or Do I Need a Surgical Procedure? (photo)

Hi, I am a 20 year old female and a student, I don't have a lot of money obviously, but have been so unhappy with my nose my whole life. As you can see, my nose bridge starts small then kind of spreads into the rest of my face..the bridge isn't very defined, and I have a small bulbous tip. Overall I'd like my nose to appear thinner and more defined. What are my options and what would you say I need done? Would a dermal filler help enough?Thanks!

Doctor Answers 3

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 The bulbous tip is addressed with a combination of tip  cartilage suturing techniques and cartilage removal. Osteotomies are performed the to narrow the bridge line. Cartilage  harvested from the inside of the nose can be grafted along the top of the bridge line to give a higher bridge.  Virtual imaging is available on our website for you to try

Bulbous Tip Correction with Nonsurgical Nose Job

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

   In general, the bulbous tip is better corrected with formal rhinoplasty.  Filler works in some cases of irregularity, depressions, and for camouflage.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Reilah16,

  • If you want a temporary fix, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can raise the bridge slightly and make it look thinner on frontal view
  • The bulbous tip may look a little more defined, but it will not be as defined unless you do a surgical rhinoplasty

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.