I'm 30 yrs old and have a scar on my cheek, is their any other way to remove my scar besides surgery? (photo)

I fell from a creek with some broken bottles when i was 5 yrs.old and thats where i got this scar and now im 30 yrs.old.

Doctor Answers 1

Scar on Cheek, ? Options

Both scar revision and/or laser treatments can help.  Less invasive options would be to try subcision with filler or fat grafting.  They should help improve the appearance.  Find a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expereince in treating scars.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.