Surgery to GET Puffy Eyes? (photo)

I am 23 and have almond shaped eyes and dark circles , the hereditary kind . I woke up a couple of nights ago and I was rubbing my eyes a little bit before going to sleep but I woke up and one eye was slightly swollen . It was slightly swollen and puffy yet , hope this doesn't sound odd , it looked much more nicer . I have trying to find different surgery s that give this affect , yet I woke up one day with half of my dream result . But are there any surgerys that give me this desired effect ?

Doctor Answers 5

Hollowness can be fixed with facial fillers

The puffy result that you see is related to soft tissue swelling which is hiding some of the hollowness under your eyes. Volume to correct hollowness can be achieved with facial fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. These treatments, if done by an experienced physician, can give a beautiful result and last as long as 2 years.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 66 reviews

Just add volume

I would start with a filler like Juvederm or Restylane, which could be dissolved if you don't like it.  If it turns out that you like the results, then you could give some consideration to fat transfer to produce a more permanent fullness under the orbit.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 87 reviews

Surgery to GET Puffy Eyes?

   Filler to the tear trough is the best option for your anatomy and is least invasive.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Fillers or fat grafting

Hyaluronic acid fillers [Juvederm, Boletero, and Restylane] are an excellent place to start. It can help with the hollowing around the eyes. It likely won't change the pigmentation, but will help contour that will decrease the shadowing effect.

You could also consider fat grafting. This is a more permanent solution, but is more expensive and it is very important to find an experienced surgeon, because done poorly, it can be hard to reverse, unlike the HA fillers.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Dark Circles Under Eyes

For a younger person, hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero are excellent choices to reduce a sunken, dark lower lid appearance.  Your natural swelling did this to some degree.  At your age, I would not recommend any surgery.  Good luck.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.