Surgery for Uneven Eye Folds? (photo)

my eyelid fold is alot shorter on my left eye then on my right eye. Is there surgery that i can get to make the fold come down more to hide more of my eyelid, like my right eye? I have read about some surgerys but I am worried about scaring. Is there any other way to correct this?

Doctor Answers 2

Surgery for uneven eye folds

The eye folds on the upper and lower lids can be raised or lowered depending upon the patient’s desire.  It is easier to raise the fold than to lower one.  This is performed as an outpatient procedure and is known as a blepharoplasty.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Uneven eyefolds

as shown in your photo suggests you may have mild ptosis on your left side.  You should see a surgeon well versed in eyelid surgery for an evaluation and surgical correction.  Regardless, perfectly symmetrical folds are going to be very elusive but an improvement where the folds are more even can certainly be achieved.  You will know you have ptosis if your lid starts to encroach on your pupil and your fold gets even wider on the left side.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.