Can I Get Surgery to Fix my Upper Lip?

I was born with a cleft lip and had surgery to fix it when I was an infant. I am now 19 years old and I want to get my upper lip and possibly my nose reconstructed. My nostrils are not symmetrical so I want them to be even and my upper lip has a line on the right side that makes my lip look like it has a sort of dip. Basically I simply want to look normal. How much will it cost, how effective will it be, and will the results look good?

Doctor Answers 2

Cleft lip and nose deformity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to see an expert in cleft lip deformity, which include the lip, the nose, and possibly the maxilla.and look at the palate.

All this should be covered by insurance since it is a congenital deformity. There are many centers in Philadelpia that specialize in cleft li deformity.

Otherwise see Dr. B Guyuron, Chairman department of Plastic surgery , Case Western Reserve university, Cleveland, Ohio.

They are the center for cleft lip and palate for the OHIO VALLEY

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Lip deformity, rhioplasty, cleft rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree that it would be beneficial to see some at Penn or another with a large craniofacial experience.  Also it depends on what you want to have DONE?

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.