Surgeon to Correct Eyelid Surgery Mistakes?

I had a blepharoplasty 11 months ago, together with a face lift. I did it in Mexico but with a craniofacial surgeon who works also in a Texas respectable clinic. The face lift was good but the eye operation still left me noticeable bags under the eyes, especially the right one, and sagging skin on top with folds that extend on the outer corner of my left eye. I am now 56 and have a good skin. I want to have another operation to correct this.

I need to know what kind of specialist should I go to, I need to have it really soon because I am a teacher and will do it during my summer vacation.

Doctor Answers 2

Who is best to redo eyelid surgery?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend an oculoplastic surgeon in the case of revision surgery.  The eyelids have many different tissue planes that get completely changed with surgery.  A second surgery is always more difficult and you want someone who trained specifically in eyelid and orbital surgery for this kind of job. 

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

See facial plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest you visit with either a facial plastic surgeon, occuloplastic surgeon, or plast surgeon who has done many facial surgeries. Revision eyelid surgery is not without risks. Ms. Wake brings up a good point about hospital versus outpatient surgery.

Fortunately the surgery you are talking about is generally done in an outpatient facility and as long as the physician feels comfortable doing the procedure, he will pick a facility that caters to the needs of his patients. I also suggest to my patients to sleep as upright as they can for one week after surgery (even in a recliner if they can tolerate it). This helps the swelling to go down quicker.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.