Surgeon tied my tip and I dont like it. Is it possible to get the tip back to how it used to be?

My surgery was in December 20 2013. I used to have a square tip and had rhinoplasty to lower a hump and rotate the tip up a bit. As I woke up from the surgery I asked if he did anything to the tip and he said that he tied the catilage together I did NOT want him to do that I explicitly told him not to make the tip thinner. Is this reversible?

Tip correction

It is possible to address. And change the shape. You will want to let at least 9 months go by.  It takes time for the tissue to heal.  

Riverside Plastic Surgeon

From a technical standpoint, the suture can be released to separate the cartilaginous components.

Reversible Tip

Yes, the nasal suture can be released and the cartilage will separate. Trust your surgeon but if you are not satisfied seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon