Injection That Softens Artecoll Bumps?

A decade ago, I had Artecoll injected for a dent in the circle under my eye (I know this a bad, but the doc suggested it!. Now there is a distinct lumpy area where it was injected, plus a reddish/brownish/purplish "smudge" that I had checked (it's mysterious, but not cancerous). I imagine surgery would be disastrous in this sensitive area, but I'm wondering about any sort of injection, like an enzyme, which would soften the bump. Also, what to you suggest I do for the discoloration?

Doctor Answers 1

Options for Artecoll bumps

Depending on how your skin looks and how big and deep the bump is, an excision may be done. The scar may be minimal and hidden in a skin crease. There aren't any enzymes to dissolve this (unlike hyaluronidase that is used for hyaluronic acid fillers) but a steroid inject could be used (this may cause more problems however).

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.