Supraorbital Reduction (Brow Shaving) in Women Without Much Protrusion?

My brow is slightly prominent, but the bone along my hairline is equally prominent, it’s just the mid forehead that appears concave and even on the sides. This is only obvious when I raise my eyebrows, the skin not only wrinkles it appears to roll over. How likely is it that supraorbital reduction would be viable option for a female with these issues? Would a forehead implant to flatten out the dip in forehead be safer? Could a brow lift disguise this feature?

Doctor Answers 4

Prominent supraorbital ridge in women

A brow lift will not address any supraorbital protrusion. It is simply done to raise very low eyebrows to restore them into their normal anatomical position. There really is no good option for a prominent supraorbital ridge. We discourage any implants placed in the forehead because of the infection rate that we have seen in the past.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 145 reviews

Supraorbital bone reduction in women.

We do this for men and occasionally women who have very prominent supraorbital rims. I would have to see better photos of you to make a determination if this would work for you. Fillers and implants are not a good choice for your problem.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Consider Botulinum Toxin (i.e. Dysport) for injections.

While the supraorbital rim can be shaved, it does not sound as if that will solve your problem. Botoulimun toxin may be an option and would be considerably simpler to perform.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 82 reviews

Forehead issues

I am not exactly sure what your exact problem is.  It would be best to perform an exam first.  Wrinkling of the forehead is fairly straightforward to treat.  Other issues like you mentioned may require shaving.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.