Female age mid 30s have 33% body fat, reduce 10% best avenue?

My thighs are massive, i go to gym most days, eat well, difficult to loose the adipose fat.

Thinning thighs and reducing body fat %

Thank you for asking about your body fat.

• A body fat % of 33% is consider obese. In the fit, it is 21-24%.
  • Are you over-weight? Are your thighs massive, from fat? If so, the best answer is eating less.
  • To change proportions you can have liposuction but it is not a weight loss procedure.
  • It will not change your body fat %. 
  • If your exercise has a lot of impact activity - running, jumping - your body may be adding fat for self-protection.
  • Swimming and swift up-hill walking are equally good aerobic good exercise without the impact and will slim thighs that have become heavy from repeated impact sports.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.  It is ideally used to target small areas of out of proportion adipose tissue (fat).  If you are otherwise slim & your thighs are massively out of proportion to the rest of you, then get checked by your GP because there are other causes for this.

Otherwise, I would recommend seeing a dietician & losing weight into a BMI range ideally below 28 & then reassessing.  All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon