Female age mid 30s have 33% body fat, reduce 10% best avenue?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
Thinning thighs and reducing body fat %
Thank you for asking about your body fat.
- A body fat % of 33% is consider obese. In the fit, it is 21-24%.
- Are you over-weight? Are your thighs massive, from fat? If so, the best answer is eating less.
- To change proportions you can have liposuction but it is not a weight loss procedure.
- It will not change your body fat %.
- If your exercise has a lot of impact activity - running, jumping - your body may be adding fat for self-protection.
- Swimming and swift up-hill walking are equally good aerobic good exercise without the impact and will slim thighs that have become heavy from repeated impact sports.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. It is ideally used to target small areas of out of proportion adipose tissue (fat). If you are otherwise slim & your thighs are massively out of proportion to the rest of you, then get checked by your GP because there are other causes for this.
Otherwise, I would recommend seeing a dietician & losing weight into a BMI range ideally below 28 & then reassessing. All the best
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.