I'm a healthy 33 yr old w/ clearance-afraid of complications . What's the risk percentage if heathy with clearance? (photo)

Looking to get tt, breast lift,breast reduction, lipo on my back fat and transferred to my butt. Healthy 33yr old w/ clearance-afraid of complications from plastic surgery . Is it safest route to have the sx at an accredited hospital vs an accredited medical facility.

Choice for suregry

If you are overly concerned about complications than I would break up your surgery into 2 sessions to minmize anesthesia time.I also would go to a licensed outpatient surgery center becuase it would be a lot less expensive.The charges in a hospital will be enormous.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Select an experienced surgeon with board certification and excellent  training. Both hospitals and accredited surgery centers can be safe. Ask to see the center and definitely ask about the medical team. Be certain anesthesia is provided by a board-certified MD anesthesiologist.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Safest place for cosmetic surgery

You will probably do better at an accredited out-patient surgery center.
(No - I do not own one, no financial interest in this recommendation.)

Infection is less common at accredited out-patient surgery centers.
And the anesthesia may be better too.

Ideally your anesthesia should be given by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist.
This is what some accredited surgery centers use.

Hospitals today use chiefly nurse anesthetists or other non-physicians to keep patients asleep.
I find things go better for my patients when an anesthesiologist gives anesthesia the whole time.

But different areas have different strengths - ask your surgeon which is the better choice for you in your area. 
If you are unsure - choose the one that your 'gut' tells you is right for you.

Remember - nothing in life is entirely risk-free.
Complications can happen - the longer the surgery, the higher the risk.
In general, you will do better at the best available facility approporiate for your surgery. Best wishes.

It depends on what your complications were...

It depends on what happened with your c-section.  First, you're taking on a lot of surgery in one setting.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but it depends on the surgeon.  Personally, I try and keep my surgeries under 6hrs if they are going home that day.  If an overnight stay is anticipated, it is better to do it in the hospital.  Also, if you had bleeding complications after your c-section, the hospital may be a wise choice.  

With a patient such as yourself, I might try and get you to do the breast reduction and tummy tuck in a separate surgery, then go back for the liposuction and fat grafting.  Just consider it.  That way, it could be a relatively safe outpatient procedure.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hospital versus surgery center

Before I address one of your concerns, I would like for you to rethink having that much surgery at the same sitting. It is not that it cannot be done, but it is well known that the longer the surgery/anesthesia times, the higher the risk of complications. Since that is a major concern, it would be worthwhile to discuss with you r surgeon. The second question is outpatient vs hospital. First know that accreditation insures that your center has met important safety benchmarks. The cost are far greater at a hospital than a surgery center. That said, if you are going the have more than 5L of fat removed (which is seems you may), then safety guidelines suggest you are kept in hospital for monitoring. It may be safer to stay at the hospital for 23 hours. Again, this something you must discuss with your surgeon. Your concerns about safety and complications are important and should be taken seriously given the amount of surgery you are planning to undergo. Good luck!!

I'm a healthy 33 yr old w/ clearance-afraid of complications . What's the risk percentage if heathy with clearance?

It is always better to go with credentials and an expert surgeon.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Safety is the number one concern

Safety is the number one concern for any surgery and especially for elective cosmetic surgery.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgery.  You are having a lot of surgery at one setting.  On the right patient this can be done safely.  You may want to consider breaking this up into two separate sessions.  

Some anxiety prior to surgery is to be expected.  Assuming that you are working with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon (who you have selected carefully) and board certified anesthesiologist in a fully accredited surgery center or hospital, your risks are low.  Achieving your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, will improve your risk profile.
It may give you peace of mind if you speak to other patients who have had similar procedures performed with your selected plastic surgeon.
 Best wishes!

Anesthesia is very safe for healthy people

Having surgery at an outpatient surgery center is just as safe as being at the hospital if you are healthy. The number of procedures and amount of time under anesthesia both affect the possibility of having complications, so I'd definitely recommend splitting these procedures up into two stages. Breast and TT surgery are often performed together. BBL should probably be done separately to limit time under anesthesia and also to maximize results. For best results with a tummy tuck, you should be slightly flexed and mainly sitting and reclining. For BBL, it's best to lay on your sides or tummy.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

What's the risk percentage if heathy with clearance?

In Florida, there is a statute that guides the decision as to where surgery is allowed. This is based on anesthesia risk-- called ASA level. ASA 1 and 2 are allowed to be performed in a state examined office setting. There are several mechanisms to achieve this evaluation. ASA3 and above must by LAW be performed in a hospital outpatient setting or ambulatory surgery center. All of these procedures that you listed except BBL- can be safely performed in the right hands in a ambulatory surgery center. I would perform the BBL at a later time to maximize successful result.