Is a Tummy tuck my only option for a flatter stomach? (photos)

After 4 kids I just want a flatter stomach. I was wondering if a tummy tuck was my only option

Is a Tummy tuck my only option for a flatter stomach?

Based on your photos, I would say yes...assuming that you do not want to have even looser and more wrinkling of your tummy skin. Without examination, it is difficult to assess the condition of your muscle/fascia, but I would guess that you have diastasis recti (muscle separation and fascial stretching) accounting for some of your protrusion, as well as loose skin. A tummy tuck is the only way to tighten your skin and your muscle/fascia. If you have significant pinch thickness of fat, you could elect to only have liposuction, but this would not correct your muscles and would cause your skin to be even looser and more wrinkled. But if you only care about your appearance in clothing, this might be a simpler...though less satisfactory...option.

Thank you for the question. You will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery; any lesser surgical procedure or noninvasive modality will not result in an outcome that you will be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period. Having enough help/support at home for yourself and children will be important part of the planning process. 
  You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos and information you appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Tummy tuck surgery is one of our favorite operations because of the dramatic improvements abdominoplasty patients achieve. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure.  Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Is a tummy tuck only option fro a flatter abdomen?

HI pickle64, Based on your photos, I would say that the tummy tuck would be the best option for you  to have a flatter tummy. You should visit a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area to hear about the risks and complicatios of the procedure in order to get a better understanding of your options.Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  Honest answer is I think Tummy Tuck is your best option for a flat stomach.  You can have Liposuction or Coolsculpting or other non surgical fat reduction procedures to reduce the volume of fat but nothing will make you have a flat stomach like a Tummy Tuck.  Seek Expert opinions in your area for more information. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Is a Tummy tuck my only option for a flatter stomach

think a tummy tuck is certainly your best option. Liposuction I think will have a limited result. I think laser liposuction machine will likewise leave you disappointed

Julio Garcia, MD

A Abdominoplasty with skin and muscle tightening combined with waist and hip liposuction would be a good option for you.

Fred Suess, MD