Microneedling done safely?

I had a non-ablative laser done with the lumenis m22 ResurFx two months ago. Can I have medical micro needling done on me safely right now?

Microneedling

In general, microneedling can be done safely after 2 months post non-ablative laser. Please check with your health care provider to help guide you with the best treatment options. Microneedling can stimulate collagen within the dermis of the skin and help with fine lines. Lasers vary in treatment depending on the type of laser and its selected frequency. They can treat deep into the dermis or superficial on the epidermis. They can treat pigmentation as will as fine lines and wrinkles.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling and Lumenis Resurfx

Yes, you can absolutely have your microneedling preferably with PRP done now. No reason to wait any longer. Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

Patricia Faraz, MD
Ladera Ranch OB/GYN

Microneedling

Microneedling can definitely be done at this point. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine your skin type and to match the treatment plan with your goals. Microneedling can be a very powerful tool to supplement your laser treatment if performed correctly. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

2 months

Yes, no problem. Most of these procedures you can repeat and perform at 4-6 week intervals. Some procedures you can do concurrently depending on what the treatment is or the goal of therapy. Definitely discuss with your provider what is the best approach for the desired effect. But I see no reason why you need to wait at this point for microneedling after ResurFx 2 months ago.

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Absolutely--we do it the SAME day! Microneedling/prp and lasers

Yes, we often do these procedures on the same day, but the length of time you've waited is fine. I always do PRP with microneedling for best results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer