Ear Lobe Reduction. Would the procedure be done in the surgeon's office

I am interested in getting my earlobes reduced. I'm 69 years old and in good health and even though I've never worn heavy earings, my earlobes hang lower than most. Would the procedure be done in the surgeon's office and what might be the approximate charge in the CA bay area?

Earlobe reduction: office surgery

What type of anesthesia is used
Generally these procedures are performed under local anesthetic and require 15 to 30 minutes depending upon how complex the particular case is.  This is generally done in the doctors office.

How long does it take to heal
Early healing for #earlobeReduction occurs in the first week. There are always asymmetries before and after. Scars are generally well hidden and may have a small amount of redness and that persists for several months. This can be treated with scar creams and laser. Re-piercing can be done 3 to 6 weeks after surgery. Swelling is usually significant in the first several weeks and some can persist for a few months but not as common.

Ear lobe reduction

Hello, it's possible to reduce earlobes as an outpatient procedure.  The cost will vary depending on the region but I think you will find it costs in the range of $400-500 per lobe.

Earlobe Reduction

Earlobe reduction is a common procedureusually performed under local anesthesia and a plastic surgeon's office. The cost various based on experience and  location.

Enlarged Earlobes

Earlobe reduction can usually be done under local anesthesia in the doctors office.
Both men and woman can benefit from this procedure and as long as you are not an adverse scar former (keloid for example) and are not on blood thinners you are likely a candidate.

Reduction of the earlobes on both sides will likely run you in the neighborhood of $1200-$2200 for the procedure plus a small OR fee.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure. The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Earlobe reduction

The procedure can easily be done in the office under local anesthesia. The cost can vary from surgeon to surgeon but typically could range from $1200-$2000, depending highly on area of country.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ear Lobe Reduction

You have a common problem and fortunately one that is usually very easy to fix.  I commonly perform this procedure under local anesthesia in the office.  It takes approximately 15-30 minutes depending on whether it is a single ear or both that need repair. The minimal discomfort afterward is easily controlled with Tylenol.  There are sutures in place for about 1 week that then dissolve.  We wait on average 6-8 weeks before repiercing the ear in order to give the tissue time to heal.  I do not practice in the Bay area but in our office the price ranges from $500-$650. 

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost of repair will differ from surgeon to surgeon depending on the experience of the surgeon, whether it is performed under local anesthesia or not, etc..
In my practice, I perform this procedure under local anesthesia.  The stretched out portion of the earlobe is excised (cut out) and the two "raw edges" are brought together.  
The costs typically varies from $800-$1200 depending on if we are repairing one side vs. both sides.   
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Ear lobe Reduction Surgery

Dear Laddie1, After consultation and examination you will be quoted a fee for your ear lobe repair. The prices will vary from office to office so it is best to consult with a few surgeons in your area. Many surgeons like myself have private operating facilities connected to their office where this procedure can be done under local anesthesia. If not an operating facility then many surgeons will have a room specified for small surgical repairs that may be used. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Ear lobe reduction

Ear lobe reduction can be performed in the office setting or in an outpatient center. Please review face B&A (before and after) photos, as many of my patients have the procedure done as part of a facelift.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon