Chin Implant and Seborrheic Dermatitis, any suggestions?

Hi, after a rhinoplasty, I am left wondering if a chin implant would make sense to regularize my facial proportions or if this would elongate my face further given that my shape is already very oval. Something seems off in the overall balance but I can't pinpoint it, so I'm curious what your insights are. Also, are any skin lasers or treatments to smooth out bumpy, sensitive skin prone to redness while sebhorreic dermatitis is under control. Thank you for your feedback!

Chin implant candidate for weak and recessive chin profile

From the limited photographs, it appears that the chin projection is rather weak and recessive, therefore a chin implant can help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin as an outpatient surgical procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellence success rate. For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Cin Augmentation

You are correct in that your chin is horizontally short so your face is still not in proportion. To prevent your chin from becoming longer or making your chin more wide. You may consider a siding genioplasty as opposed to a chin implant. Or make sure you get a central style of chin implant that does not have long wings on it.

Dear Soph0502

From the photographs you have shared, a chin implant can bring better balance to your facial proportions. A chin implant is a safe and reliable technique to increase your chin's projection and shape. It has little down time and a quick recovery.

Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation is needed to put your face in balance. I'm sure it was suggested by your rhinoplasty surgeon. As far as improving the skin sutface of your nose and face, you should consult a dermatologist. There are a number of treatments that should be available. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.