HA Filler or Sculptra for cheek enhancement?

I have had two vials of Sculptra, they where placed laterally in my face (Temples, preauricular area and back jawline to massetter and some into the chin) However I feel that my upper cheekbone area especially under eye area to nose and the "apple" area are rather flat. Would I be better off using Sculptra there or a HA Filler like Voluma to give it some upward lift and support to the under eye area besides adding volume?

Cheek augmentation, HA vs Sculptra

Either will work. I prefer Sculptra because it will last longer and looks very natural. Not a fan of Voluma for this area as much as Restylane Lyft. Bellafill is another good choice as is Radiesse. 

Sculptra v.s HA

Thank you for your question. You would probably be best using Voluma in the mid cheek area to give you the support you're looking for. Voluma will you give you more of a structured cheek bone look, while Sculptra would be softer and more round. Good luck!

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Augmentation

It is difficult to give you an answer without a picture. There are many options. Some include Bellafill, Radiesse and Perlane. Sculptra can help improve the shape. I suggest you see an expert injector to determine the best treatment plan for you

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Sculpting the Cheekbones with Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill), Sculptra and fat

This is hard to answer without a picture. You have some great options. Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill), Sculptra and fat can be used to help improve shape. See an expert in facial contouring.  we use sculptra as a "base" on the entire face to promote collagen and then other fillers on top for size and contour. you can layer your sculptra with other fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer

Checks and volume

Thank you for the question.  A combination approach may be best.  Sculptra will add volume to the checks over time.  It will take several vials and several months to see the effect.  It will last longer than a filler.  Other fillers in the check area and eye area will give you an immediate result and achieve in the short term a desired result.  

Deborah DiStefano, MD
Chattanooga Ophthalmologist