Sunken eyeball. How to get back my natural look? (photo)

I've got punched 2 years ago.. And my right eye look different than the other eye.. And sunken eye making me look old, how can i have my eyes back as before? Surgery? But how much does it cost to have one? If it s too cost how can i do something about it?.. Thank you

Doctor Answers 4

Orbital Floor Augmentation for Lower Eye

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You undoubtably had an orbital blow-ouot fracture and you eyeball has settled lower due to the bone position. This could be corrected with an orbital implant to lift up the eye through an incision on the inside of your eyelid. A CT scan would confirm this diagnosis.

Sunken eye afer trauma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You likely had orbital blow-out fracture, which enlarges the eye socket and causes the eyeball to sink back (enophthalmos). Need orbital CT scan to confirm. Surgery likely included putting an implant over the fracture defect. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Sunken eyeball?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is difficult to answer with the photo provided and without an exam. It could be a fracture in the bones around the eyeball which lead it to sink back or down. A physical exam can determine if you have any of these findings, if so a CT scan would be the test ordered to look at the bones around your eye. Consult with a plastic surgeon who does maxillofacial trauma.

Sunken Eyeball

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds as if you have a fractured eye socket. This could potentially be a problem and should be evaluated by an Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon. A CT scan will reveal if there is a fracture. This can be repaired surgically. In general, these operations are covered by insurance.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.