I had a double mastectomy 13 years ago as I have the BRCA2 gene, I opted for preventative surgery? (Photo)

My right breast has been drained twice in less than a week after a build up of fluid. They told me last week they found a hematoma and they took fluid from that to test for cancer cells.They said the hematoma had attached itself to the implant. I got the results yesterday and they think I may have lymphoma. I've recently been on Clopidogrel and aspirin together for 6 months as I suffered a grade 5 subarachnoid haemorrhage in December and before that my breast was fine.

Implant associated Lymphoma

There is a condition called Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma. It is very rare and in 5 to 10 million women with breast implants, there are fewer than 500 reported cases thus far worldwide, according to the FDA. It was first described in 1997, and is not related to breast cancer in any way. It is misbehavior of a collection of cells in our immune system and has no direct explanation or cause thus far. Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma can happen in people who have never had implants and can be aggressive. If it happens in the presence of implants (Breast Implant Associated, or BIA-ALCL), placed either for purely for cosmetic reasons or for reconstruction after mastectomy, it is most often found because of large fluid build up around the plastic and thickening of the tissue around the implant. Identification of Lymphoma cells and detection of ALK mutation (Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase) in a gene are some of the questions that will need to be answered by your team. The good news is, that while this is a very rare condition, this type of lymphoma has an excellent prognosis, especially if it associated with fluid (seroma) production. Treatment is typically implant and capsule removal. Radiation and chemotherapy are NOT universally recommended.

Possible lymphoma

Thnaks for your inquiry and sorry for your struggles.  I have not heard of an association of Plavix and aspirin and possible lymphoma. It sounds like you are in good capable hands and I hope for a quick resolution.