Had silicone breast aug a month ago. Did breast exercise/massage tonight, had leakage from nipples that resembles breast milk

My period was late I assumed due to having surgery. Took pregnancy test negative. Had period last week. Could this have something to do with my period & not the implants? I haven't had any fluid before. I had breast milk like fluid from both breast after messaging them...should I be worried?

Breast milk after breast augmentation

Breast milk can occur in non-lactating women and may occur due to touching and pushing on the breast tissues so much. It will likely stop when you stop your implant massage. It is a good idea to discuss it with your plastic surgeon but is not something to be overly concerned about. 

Breast Implant Massage Unnecessary

You can stop with the breast implant massage.  It is unnecessary and it doesn't prevent or treat capsular contracture. Your leaking nipples are due to over stimulation. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast milk like substance from nipples after implants

Anesthesia and the stress from surgery can definitely affect your hormones temporarily. While I would not say this is "normal", I don't think you need to worry too much about it. Definitely mention it to your surgeon and monitor in the following months if it continues to happen. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Breast Milk leakage after Breast Augmentation Massage

Patients can experience Breast Milk leakage after Breast Augmentation surgery when massaging the breasts.   I have my patients massage 4-5 times per day for the first six weeks after surgery which can stimulate the milk ducts to produce fluid.  This will usually resolve itself after six weeks.  If it persists, the patient should follow up with their primary care physician. 

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Nipple discharge

Thank you for your question. This is not unusual and will typically resolve after a few months. If you have ongoing concerns I recommend a visit to your primary care Doctor.

All the best 

Fluid Concern

Thank you for your question. It is common to express fluid from nipple when massaging for pressing firming on or around the nipple. To be sure there isn't a concern an in person exam would be best. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss further.