What do you think about Coolsculpting?

I'm thinking about laser liposuction or cool sculpting for my arms Thank you for any help given

I’ve seen good results at my practice with both liposuction and CoolSculpting for the arms.

I’ve seen good results at my practice with both liposuction and CoolSculpting for the arms. Which treatment is best for you depends on a number of factors, including how much fat you have, how much of a reduction you want and how quickly, and tolerance for downtime, among others. CoolSculpting is a great non-invasive option that requires no downtime, but you won’t see results for up to 3 months and the amount of fat reduction after one treatment is 20-30%. Liposuction will get you much more dramatic results after one treatment, but does require some downtime, and you may be swollen for up to 6 months. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologic or plastic surgeon who offers both treatments for a consultation to find out which option is better for you.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

What do you think about Coolsculpting?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you will be able to explain your concerns and find an option that fits your desires. An in-person assessment is always best.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting for Arms

It would be helpful if you would post photos of your arms since I don't know how much skin laxity there is.  Coolsculpting does work well for the arms and I often combine it with Thermage to tighten the skin in that area as well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Arm Liposuction, Skin Tightening -- VASER HI DEF +/- Thermi; Sculptra Injections, Thermage

I find that VASER hi def arms look the best and give much more with contour, shape and definition than just a small amount of fat removal with non invasive approaches like coolsculpting or sculpsure.  but they both (coolsculpting/sculpsure etc) work well for small fat reduction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting and liposuction

Hi,
 The best way to approach your question is to have you feel the tightness of the skin of the upper arms.  If it "snaps" back into place and does not have the "wrinkling" of the skin, then you may be a candidate for liposuction of the upper arms.  CoolSculpting can help in this area but we have not seen a great improvement potential of CoolSculpting in this area.  The procedure can be very effective in other areas but somewhat disappointing in predictability in the upper arms.
 Liposuction is great if the skin is tight but if not, then you would need a brachioplasty (armlift).  This procedure takes under two hours for both arms to be completed and the post op recovery is actually quite acceptable.
 Hope this helps.

Laser Liposuction vs CoolSculpting

It's best to visit a doctor that can provide both laser liposuction and CoolSculpting. During your consultation, you will have a better idea which treatment is better for your arms. CoolSculpting can reduce the fat in the area but will not provide any tightening if you have excess skin. If there is too much skin then you need to consider laser lipo and/or brachioplasty.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting vs liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Coolsculpting and liposuction both provide good, but different results.  Coolsculpting is a nonsurgical treatment and therefore is not as aggressive as liposuction(laser or otherwise).  Coolsculpting will generally remove approximately 20% of the fat in the treated area per treatment but will take 2-3 months to see the final result.  Liposuction can remove as much fat as necessary to obtain the desired result immediately, although you will have several weeks to months of swelling.  I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers both treatments so you can fully understand your options before making a decision.  Hope this helps.

CoolSculpting for arms

CoolSculpting can be used to reduce fat on the arms, but this is considered an off-label use of the device since it is not specifically FDA-approved for that anatomic location.  I have seen good improvement with treatment to the arms.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon