What is the recovery time for inverted nipple correction with BA and is there loss of nipple sensation?

I am 5'2 117 lbs and have 34 AA/B breast with inverted nipples I want 375cc implants. Im looking to have my surgery in South Carolina who is some great PS's that is experienced with inverted nipple correction surgery. One of my nipples is kind of visible and the other one look like a small slit.

Correcting inverted nipples

I do not recommend working on the nipple or even using a periareolar incision at the same time as a breast augmentation with implants. It is not proven but the risk of capsule contracture seems to be higher if the breast ducts are violated and expose the tissues (and healing around the implant) to surface skin organisms). 
Nipple inversion correction can be done easily as an office procedure with local anesthesia only and should be considered after the effect of the augmentation has settled. Normally it takes a week to heal such procedures and I use a long acting but not permanent suture to maintain the correction for some time. There is definitely potential for lost sensation but this must be weighed against a nipple that is not out enough to even feel things. It might also effect breast feeding but again it's hard to breast feed if your nipples are inverted. 

Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Inverted nipple and breast augmentation

For minor inversions, I prefer to stage the procedures as the breast augmentation will often push out the nipple some and the correction of the nipple inversion can be done easily in the office. For more severely inverted nipples, the procedures can be combined at the same surgery. Recovery time is no different than an augmentation. 
There is a risk of sensation loss with both procedures.

Nipple inversion

While both procedures carry a tiny risk for some sensation loss, the procedure is very straight forward and should add nothing to your recovery. For this reason and the fact that infection and capsular contracture rates, in my experience, are so low, I prefer to do these procedures at the same operative setting.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like moderate to severe inversion

Inverted nipples result from the milk ducts being slightly to significantly shorter than optimal. It sounds like you have moderate to severe inverted nipples and need correction. One important question before you correct then is whether you are done with kids and breast feeding. The technique most commonly used involves cutting the milk ducts as that's what pulling the nipple inside out and therefore you cannot reliably breast feed after correction. Sensation could also be affected. Everything in life and surgery is full of pros and cons. All the best. 

Inverted nipples

Depending upon your severity, sometimes implants alone push them out.  I like to stage them if this does not work. The nipple can be treated under local.

Full recovery will be 6 weeks, but you can probably be back to a clerical job in 3-4 days. Although I do both procedures, I prefer not to do them at the same time. An inverted nipple can be corrected easily in the office under local anesthesia, and much cheaper.

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Recovery time after a breast augmentation

Best to ask friends and trusted health care professionals for recommendations for your breast augmentation.  As far as recovery time expect 5 to 7 days before you will be back the activities of daily living.  It may be more like 4 - 6 before you are back to full exercising.  For the inverted nipple repair there is always a possiblility of decreased sensation. 

Thank you for your question.  Most  effective  procedures to correct nipple inversion do disturb sensation and feeling to the nipple.  When combined with breast augmentation expect at least a 2 to three-week recovery.

I suggest visiting the websites of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Anesthetic Plastic Surgeons  for surgeons in your area.