There is a piece of dissolvable stitches poking me underneath my breast at the incision site after a breast lift surgery (Photo)

I'm 3 weeks post op from a breast lift. My PS left my 23 yr. old saline implants in tact. There is a piece of the dissolvable sutures he used poking underneath my skin causing a lot of pain to the touch. It's not protruded through the skin but I can feel the sharpness poking me when I move. Will this go away?

Suture issue

If the dissolvable suture is poking out, perhaps you should see your surgeon and maybe he can trim it or remove it. 

Stitch?

There are many types of dissolvable stitches. Some last longer than others. I do not know which one your surgeon used, but you can easily call him/her and ask them and they should be able to give you an idea of how long the stitch will be present. 

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon