Is this nose job possible? (Photo)

Hello Doctors! Generally speaking, I like my nose... but I would like it better if I could shave the bump off the top and have a narrower bulbous. I have uploaded before and after photos of what my nose looks like now, and what my nose could ideally look like with the help of surgery. Basically, is this look possible to achieve and how much money are we talking? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty should give a nice result...

It looks like you have a very reasonable expectation for surgery. A well performed rhinoplasty should be able to accomplish the goals you have. Price can vary from surgeon to surgeon but averages around $7000. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I achieve the results that show in the simulation photos.

Your before and after photo show the results that you are trying to achieve. They also show the many beautiful features of your face and the potential to obtain an outstanding result. You should take avdatage of a computer simulation during a consultation with an expert who can show you the minor details that can make a huge difference in the results of a rhinoplasty. I normally take about an hour with patients and discuss all the fine details while we are doing the computer simulation. I show the patient what I would be aiming to accomplish. I would obviously listen to the patients desires and we make a joint decision about the goals. 

Infratip lobule is the key

Many noses have a fullness in the bottom of the tip on front view. This area is the infra tip lobule. The tip cartilages begin to separate and turn as they approach the actual bending point of the tip defining region. When the cartilages bend or separate too much, fullness results in the infra tip lobule. A Cartilage graft and properly placed sutures can change the Bending behavior and flatten the infra tip lobule, making a very nice change without rotating or lifting the tip.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic

I agree with your morphed rhinoplasty appearance which demonstrate realistic expectations. In addition to what you've shown I suggest you consider augmenting the mid-portion of your nose on the frontal view where it is very narrow. You will achieve better balance between the tip and bridge.

Rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip reduction and dorsal hump removal

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, reducing the bulbous tip, and adjusting the nasal bones. All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach under brief general anesthesia. The digital morphed photos do appear realistic. For more information, our current price list, and many before-and-after results of rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

How To Get A Good Rhinoplasty Result

Your expectations are realistic -- if you find the right surgeon.  What looks like an easy rhinoplasty to an experienced surgeon could be a challenge to someone not expert in this field. I urge you to do your research, study before and after photos, reviews, and educational degrees.  I would recommend a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience.  

Rhinoplasty possible

Yes the objectives are possible to achieve but from aesthetic perspective in your after photo from front the nose (upper half) has been made too thin and does not look good with your face. All of these changes have to complement your face. The cost varies from surgeon to surgeon. For my fees I would charge $5000. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is definitely possible to soften the nasal bump as well as improve the tip a bit. Best to come in for a consultation and evaluation. The fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon. Good luck.

Your ideal nose is reasonable but I would suggest additional changes.I   project the tip a bit more and raise the bottom of the tip a bit.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Is This Nose Possible

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  Yes, the imaging that you did is very much achievable.  A dorsal hump removal and tip reduction are the most standard parts of most rhinoplasties that I do.  As far as cost goes, I charge $7500 for the surgical fee and the surgicenter fee is about $1600.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging.  These fees are probably significantly lower then fees in your area with a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon such as myself as the fees in the NY suburbs are pretty much the highest in the country. 

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon